openSUSE 11.0 Gets Short Stay of Execution
openSUSE 11.0 was originally slated for "end of life" on June 15. But due to the requests from users, the SUSE Security and Maintenance Team has decided to extend the maintenance period until 11.3 is released to the public - avoiding the 26 day gap in security coverage.
openSUSE 11.3 is scheduled for wide release on July 15 after a week of internal testing. At that time, the Security and Maintenance Team will stop handling new requests for 11.0. The last update will come on July 21, assuring that users will experience a smoother transition to 11.3.
Susan Linton is a Linux writer and the owner of tuxmachines.org.
- VMware's Clarity Design System
- Let's Go to Mars with Martian Lander
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- My Childhood in a Cigar Box
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Jetico's BestCrypt Container Encryption for Linux
- GENIVI Alliance's GENIVI Vehicle Simulator
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!