Old Generals Never Die - They just Wear a Red Hat
The Red Hat board of directors announced a new chairman Monday, August 30, to replace outgoing Matthew Szulik. Henry Hugh Shelton, retired Special Forces general, has been serving on the board since 2003 after leaving the elite Army division.
Jim Whitehurst, Red Hat president and CEO, said, "General Shelton is an individual of the utmost integrity. He has excelled in the numerous roles and positions held throughout his career and as a dedicated member of Red Hat's board of directors for more than seven years. General Shelton possesses the right combination of leadership, experience and industry knowledge to help guide Red Hat toward achieving its future goals."
The 68 year old Congressional Gold Medal recipient has plenty of business experience on his resume. He served as president of M.I.C. Industries, an international manufacturing company, for four years and on the boards of several other companies such as Anheuser-Busch Companies, CACI International Inc. and Anteon International Corporation.
The Red Hat stock price closed at $34.52 the Monday of the announcement, down from $35.16 the previous Friday. Red Hat stock prices have generally been going up all year and proves to be one of the most successful Open Source companies today. Red Hat is located in Raleigh, North Carolina and employs about 2,500 workers.
Susan Linton is a Linux writer and the owner of tuxmachines.org.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- RSS Feeds
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- New Products
- Senior Perl Developer
- yes it's Jupiter Broadcasting
1 hour 15 min ago
- nice to see PClinuxOS finally
3 hours 49 min ago
- Personally, I am no longer a
4 hours 45 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
18 hours 10 min ago
- It's Jupiter
19 hours 10 min ago
- GIMP is certainly a graphic
20 hours 12 min ago
- Thanks For Your Sharing
1 day 58 min ago
- Studying linux, and looking
1 day 4 hours ago
- voting for Best Linux Distribution
1 day 12 hours ago
- tizen vs android
1 day 16 hours ago