No pine on CentOS?
This is a trick I call "Pine Cent". CentOS doesn't come with Pine installed, so if you want a text based mailer, you're stuck with "mail".
So here's what I do on all my CentOS servers:
# alias pine=mutt
> alias pine mutt
It's kinda a joke, because well mutt is a very nice text mode email client. Being an old user of unix from way back, something in my brain is hardwired to type "pine" when I want to read email.
Note, the learning curve is a bit steep if you are accustomed to pine, but mutt is just as powerful, if not more so. If you're a mutt "power user" I'd love to see some things you've done with it.
- Vivaldi Technologies Vivaldi Web Browser
- Nightfall on Linux
- Installing and Running a Headless Virtualization Server
- Ubuntu MATE, Not Just a Whim
- When BirdCam Goes Mainstream
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014
- Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Camera
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Compartmentalization
- Nasdaq Selects Drupal 8
- Polishing the wegrep Wrapper Script