The newly updated 1994-2010 Linux Journal Archive is here!
In easy-to-use HTML format, the fully searchable, space saving DVD offers immediate access to an essential resource for the Linux enthusiast: Linux Journal. The archive includes all 200 issues of Linux Journal, from the premiere issue in March 1994 thru December 2010.
$34.95 at www.LinuxJournalStore.com
(Hint: see pg. 77 of the February issue to save 15% on your copy.)
|Non-Linux FOSS: libnotify, OS X Style||Jun 18, 2013|
|Containers—Not Virtual Machines—Are the Future Cloud||Jun 17, 2013|
|Lock-Free Multi-Producer Multi-Consumer Queue on Ring Buffer||Jun 12, 2013|
|Weechat, Irssi's Little Brother||Jun 11, 2013|
|One Tail Just Isn't Enough||Jun 07, 2013|
|Introduction to MapReduce with Hadoop on Linux||Jun 05, 2013|
- Containers—Not Virtual Machines—Are the Future Cloud
- Non-Linux FOSS: libnotify, OS X Style
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Lock-Free Multi-Producer Multi-Consumer Queue on Ring Buffer
- Validate an E-Mail Address with PHP, the Right Way
- Technical Support Rep
- Senior Perl Developer
- UX Designer
- Introduction to MapReduce with Hadoop on Linux
Free Webinar: Hadoop
Some of key questions to be discussed are:
- What is the “typical” Hadoop cluster and what should be installed on the different machine types?
- Why should you consider the typical workload patterns when making your hardware decisions?
- Are all microservers created equal for Hadoop deployments?
- How do I plan for expansion if I require more compute, memory, storage or networking?