Scott Mueller's Upgrading and Repairing PCs, 20th Ed. (Que)
Besides our fealty to Linux, there may be nothing else besides tinkering with our PCs that defines our Linux geek identity. Therefore, we know that books like Scott Mueller's Upgrading and Repairing PCs, now in its 20th edition, will appeal to many of our readers. Publisher Que calls Mueller's book "the definitive guide to the inner workings of the latest PCs" and "with nearly 2.5 million copies sold, it's the best-selling hardware guide ever". The book contains extensive information on troubleshooting problems, improving system performance and making the most of today's best new hardware. The latest hardware innovations and repair techniques since the previous edition have been added. Ninety minutes of DVD video is included, covering insider information about several key PC components, including hard disk drives, power supplies, motherboards and so on. Besides presenting comprehensive coverage of every PC component, Mueller also covers overclocking, cooling, PC diagnostics, testing and maintenance.
James Gray is Products Editor for Linux Journal
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Docker: Lightweight Linux Containers for Consistent Development and Deployment
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Monitoring Virtual Memory with vmstat
- Senior Perl Developer