Scott Mueller's Upgrading and Repairing PCs, 20th Ed. (Que)
Besides our fealty to Linux, there may be nothing else besides tinkering with our PCs that defines our Linux geek identity. Therefore, we know that books like Scott Mueller's Upgrading and Repairing PCs, now in its 20th edition, will appeal to many of our readers. Publisher Que calls Mueller's book "the definitive guide to the inner workings of the latest PCs" and "with nearly 2.5 million copies sold, it's the best-selling hardware guide ever". The book contains extensive information on troubleshooting problems, improving system performance and making the most of today's best new hardware. The latest hardware innovations and repair techniques since the previous edition have been added. Ninety minutes of DVD video is included, covering insider information about several key PC components, including hard disk drives, power supplies, motherboards and so on. Besides presenting comprehensive coverage of every PC component, Mueller also covers overclocking, cooling, PC diagnostics, testing and maintenance.
James Gray is Products Editor for Linux Journal
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- RSS Feeds
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- New Products
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- why is GNOME 3 in the fifth position at 14.1 %?
2 hours 52 min ago
- Sublime Is Brilliant!
7 hours 55 min ago
8 hours 14 min ago
- Rapid[Disk,Cache] better than native ram caching?
8 hours 39 min ago
- Nothing is perfect
8 hours 52 min ago
- Mixtapes Community
14 hours 31 min ago
- KDE is one true DE
15 hours 6 min ago
- Command Line Shells (Bash, Zsh, etc.) are 2nd place
15 hours 34 min ago
17 hours 29 min ago
- yes it's Jupiter Broadcasting
18 hours 49 min ago