Need some help with the sed command
Alright here is what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to use the sed command to sort a field so it comes out like lastname firstname
so say if I have something like this
and I want it to come out like this
how would I do that using sed? Now I know that I could do it perhaps using awk, but please tell me how to do it with sed
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
|Security Hardening with Ansible||Aug 18, 2014|
|Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark||Aug 14, 2014|
|IndieBox: for Gamers Who Miss Boxes!||Aug 13, 2014|
|Non-Linux FOSS: a Virtualized Cisco Infrastructure?||Aug 11, 2014|
|Linux Security Threats on the Rise||Aug 08, 2014|
|Android Candy: Oyster—Netflix for Books!||Aug 07, 2014|
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Kernel Korner - Why and How to Use Netlink Socket
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- RSS Feeds
- IndieBox: for Gamers Who Miss Boxes!
- New Products