I needed an FTP client that would resume a put. I had been using a firefox plugin but it isn't available for firefox 3 yet. I had also used Kftpgrabber which works but is (newbies beware here) hard to use because it has a GUI instead of being a nice, clean, easy-to-use command line.
Is there such an animal? Yes, and its name is ncftp. Easy to use? I think so. For example, to upload the Plan de Manejo Reserva Natural Tisey-Estansuela (that I have named tisey_plan.pdf for sanity) to our ftp site that requires a login, here is what I did:
$ ncftp -u secret_username -p secret_password ftp.servage.net
> cd /www/p/gr
> put plan_tisey.ftp
If the file exists, its default action is to ask you what to do: skip, resume or restart.
The result? Check out http://p.nicapages.com/gr/plan_tisey.pdf and practice your Spanish. You will quickly know a lot more about where the Geek Ranch is being built.
In case you are wondering, we use servage for some of our hosting. They are in Germany, and offer a lot of space and bandwidth at a reasonable price. On the downside, no shell access is available. And, yes, they are running Linux.
|A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects||Aug 27, 2015|
|Concerning Containers' Connections: on Docker Networking||Aug 26, 2015|
|My Network Go-Bag||Aug 24, 2015|
|Doing Astronomy with Python||Aug 19, 2015|
|Build a “Virtual SuperComputer” with Process Virtualization||Aug 18, 2015|
|Firefox Security Exploit Targets Linux Users and Web Developers||Aug 17, 2015|
- Concerning Containers' Connections: on Docker Networking
- A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects
- Problems with Ubuntu's Software Center and How Canonical Plans to Fix Them
- My Network Go-Bag
- Firefox Security Exploit Targets Linux Users and Web Developers
- Doing Astronomy with Python
- Build a “Virtual SuperComputer” with Process Virtualization
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Three More Lessons
- August 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Programming