Metanetwork Rendered with POVRay for Linux
From the Linux Journal Flickr pool:
A paleocommunity "metanetwork." The spheres represent types of ecological guilds: green - primary producers, cyan - freshwater fish and invertebrates, brown - insects, red - amniote tetrapods, and yellow - amphibian tetrapods. This is a representation of a terrestrial community, the Dicynodon Assemblage Zone community of the Late Permian (~251 million years ago) Karoo Basin in South Africa. Collective responses to disturbance of ecological groups, and entire communities, emerge when the community is viewed in this hierarchical scheme. This was rendered with POVRay for Linux. Blogged about at Climate Change Blog.
Carlie Fairchild is the publisher of Linux Journal.
- Linux Kernel Testing and Debugging
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Wanted: Your Embedded Linux Projects
- Tails above the Rest, Part III
- Numerical Python
- RSS Feeds
- Dolphins in the NSA Dragnet
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- The 101 Uses of OpenSSH: Part I
- Tails above the Rest: the Installation