Metanetwork Rendered with POVRay for Linux
From the Linux Journal Flickr pool:
A paleocommunity "metanetwork." The spheres represent types of ecological guilds: green - primary producers, cyan - freshwater fish and invertebrates, brown - insects, red - amniote tetrapods, and yellow - amphibian tetrapods. This is a representation of a terrestrial community, the Dicynodon Assemblage Zone community of the Late Permian (~251 million years ago) Karoo Basin in South Africa. Collective responses to disturbance of ecological groups, and entire communities, emerge when the community is viewed in this hierarchical scheme. This was rendered with POVRay for Linux. Blogged about at Climate Change Blog.
Carlie Fairchild is the publisher of Linux Journal.
|Android Candy: Copay—the Next-Generation Bitcoin Wallet||Sep 03, 2015|
|The True Internet of Things||Sep 02, 2015|
|September 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: HOW-TOs||Sep 01, 2015|
|September 2015 Video Preview||Sep 01, 2015|
|Using tshark to Watch and Inspect Network Traffic||Aug 31, 2015|
|Where's That Pesky Hidden Word?||Aug 28, 2015|
- The True Internet of Things
- Using tshark to Watch and Inspect Network Traffic
- Android Candy: Copay—the Next-Generation Bitcoin Wallet
- Problems with Ubuntu's Software Center and How Canonical Plans to Fix Them
- September 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: HOW-TOs
- Firefox Security Exploit Targets Linux Users and Web Developers
- Concerning Containers' Connections: on Docker Networking
- Where's That Pesky Hidden Word?
- A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects
- My Network Go-Bag