Metanetwork Rendered with POVRay for Linux
From the Linux Journal Flickr pool:
A paleocommunity "metanetwork." The spheres represent types of ecological guilds: green - primary producers, cyan - freshwater fish and invertebrates, brown - insects, red - amniote tetrapods, and yellow - amphibian tetrapods. This is a representation of a terrestrial community, the Dicynodon Assemblage Zone community of the Late Permian (~251 million years ago) Karoo Basin in South Africa. Collective responses to disturbance of ecological groups, and entire communities, emerge when the community is viewed in this hierarchical scheme. This was rendered with POVRay for Linux. Blogged about at Climate Change Blog.
Carlie Fairchild is the publisher of Linux Journal.
|Where's That Pesky Hidden Word?||Aug 28, 2015|
|A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects||Aug 27, 2015|
|Concerning Containers' Connections: on Docker Networking||Aug 26, 2015|
|My Network Go-Bag||Aug 24, 2015|
|Doing Astronomy with Python||Aug 19, 2015|
|Build a “Virtual SuperComputer” with Process Virtualization||Aug 18, 2015|
- Concerning Containers' Connections: on Docker Networking
- Problems with Ubuntu's Software Center and How Canonical Plans to Fix Them
- A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects
- Where's That Pesky Hidden Word?
- Firefox Security Exploit Targets Linux Users and Web Developers
- My Network Go-Bag
- Doing Astronomy with Python
- Build a “Virtual SuperComputer” with Process Virtualization
- Three More Lessons
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development