Metanetwork Rendered with POVRay for Linux
From the Linux Journal Flickr pool:
A paleocommunity "metanetwork." The spheres represent types of ecological guilds: green - primary producers, cyan - freshwater fish and invertebrates, brown - insects, red - amniote tetrapods, and yellow - amphibian tetrapods. This is a representation of a terrestrial community, the Dicynodon Assemblage Zone community of the Late Permian (~251 million years ago) Karoo Basin in South Africa. Collective responses to disturbance of ecological groups, and entire communities, emerge when the community is viewed in this hierarchical scheme. This was rendered with POVRay for Linux. Blogged about at Climate Change Blog.
Carlie Fairchild is the publisher of Linux Journal.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
- Considering Legacy UNIX/Linux Issues
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- New Products
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- RSS Feeds
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development