Metanetwork Rendered with POVRay for Linux
From the Linux Journal Flickr pool:
A paleocommunity "metanetwork." The spheres represent types of ecological guilds: green - primary producers, cyan - freshwater fish and invertebrates, brown - insects, red - amniote tetrapods, and yellow - amphibian tetrapods. This is a representation of a terrestrial community, the Dicynodon Assemblage Zone community of the Late Permian (~251 million years ago) Karoo Basin in South Africa. Collective responses to disturbance of ecological groups, and entire communities, emerge when the community is viewed in this hierarchical scheme. This was rendered with POVRay for Linux. Blogged about at Climate Change Blog.
Carlie Fairchild is the publisher of Linux Journal.
|Silicon Mechanics Gives Back||Jul 30, 2014|
|Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time||Jul 29, 2014|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Jul 23, 2014|
|Great Scott! It's Version 13!||Jul 21, 2014|
|Adminer—Better Than Awesome!||Jul 17, 2014|
|It Actually Is Rocket Science||Jul 16, 2014|
- Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time
- Numerical Python
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep