Media Center Streaming?
Hi all, first post.
Here is my situation:
I have 1 PC in my bedroom with K/Ubuntu and 1 laptop with K/Ubuntu. In the PC I keep all my multimedia videos, movies, mp3s, pictures etc. How do I go about streaming it wireless or with wire to my living room tv? Or even better controlling it with a control remote from my living room? I think a Media center is the correct word?
So I want to watch videos, movies and what not that I have in my pc in my living room tv FROM the living room. I dont want to bother going to the pc, hitting play and then go to living room to watch.
Alternatives are very welcome :)
BTW i subscribed to linuxjournal :)
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Aug 20, 2014|
|Security Hardening with Ansible||Aug 18, 2014|
|Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark||Aug 14, 2014|
|IndieBox: for Gamers Who Miss Boxes!||Aug 13, 2014|
|Non-Linux FOSS: a Virtualized Cisco Infrastructure?||Aug 11, 2014|
|Linux Security Threats on the Rise||Aug 08, 2014|
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- New Products
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark
- Containers—Not Virtual Machines—Are the Future Cloud
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- RSS Feeds
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server