Media Center Streaming?
Hi all, first post.
Here is my situation:
I have 1 PC in my bedroom with K/Ubuntu and 1 laptop with K/Ubuntu. In the PC I keep all my multimedia videos, movies, mp3s, pictures etc. How do I go about streaming it wireless or with wire to my living room tv? Or even better controlling it with a control remote from my living room? I think a Media center is the correct word?
So I want to watch videos, movies and what not that I have in my pc in my living room tv FROM the living room. I dont want to bother going to the pc, hitting play and then go to living room to watch.
Alternatives are very welcome :)
BTW i subscribed to linuxjournal :)
|Silicon Mechanics Gives Back||Jul 30, 2014|
|Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time||Jul 29, 2014|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Jul 23, 2014|
|Great Scott! It's Version 13!||Jul 21, 2014|
|Adminer—Better Than Awesome!||Jul 17, 2014|
|It Actually Is Rocket Science||Jul 16, 2014|
- Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time
- Silicon Mechanics Gives Back
- Numerical Python
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer