Media Center Streaming?
Hi all, first post.
Here is my situation:
I have 1 PC in my bedroom with K/Ubuntu and 1 laptop with K/Ubuntu. In the PC I keep all my multimedia videos, movies, mp3s, pictures etc. How do I go about streaming it wireless or with wire to my living room tv? Or even better controlling it with a control remote from my living room? I think a Media center is the correct word?
So I want to watch videos, movies and what not that I have in my pc in my living room tv FROM the living room. I dont want to bother going to the pc, hitting play and then go to living room to watch.
Alternatives are very welcome :)
BTW i subscribed to linuxjournal :)
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
On Demand NOW
Join Linux Journal and Pat Cameron, Director of Automation Technology at HelpSystems, as they discuss the eight primary advantages of moving beyond cron job scheduling. In this webinar, you’ll learn about integrating cron with an enterprise scheduler.View Now!
|June 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Networking||Jun 01, 2015|
|June 2015 Video Preview||Jun 01, 2015|
|My Humble Little Game Collection||May 28, 2015|
|New Linux Based OS Brings Internet of Things Closer to Reality||May 27, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: All the Bitcoin, None of the Bloat||May 26, 2015|
|Dr Hjkl on the Command Line||May 21, 2015|
- June 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Networking
- New Linux Based OS Brings Internet of Things Closer to Reality
- Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future
- My Humble Little Game Collection
- Dr Hjkl on the Command Line
- Using Hiera with Puppet
- Gartner Dubs DivvyCloud Cool Cloud Management Vendor
- Infinite BusyBox with systemd
- Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.
- Non-Linux FOSS: All the Bitcoin, None of the Bloat