Make a file unrecoverable
You have a file "test".The following command makes it so no one can read it.If the file was 12 bytes, it's now 4096 after it has been over written 100 times. There's no way to recover this.
$ shred -n 100 -z test
Want to remove the file? Use the "u" option.
$ shred -n 100 -z -u test
It can be applied to a device also
For more pls visit
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- It Actually Is Rocket Science
- RSS Feeds
- Senior Perl Developer