Make a file unrecoverable
You have a file "test".The following command makes it so no one can read it.If the file was 12 bytes, it's now 4096 after it has been over written 100 times. There's no way to recover this.
$ shred -n 100 -z test
Want to remove the file? Use the "u" option.
$ shred -n 100 -z -u test
It can be applied to a device also
For more pls visit
- Machine Learning Everywhere
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Smoothwall Express
- Own Your DNS Data
- Simple Server Hardening
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux
- Understanding OpenStack's Success
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- Ensono M.O.