Is Lua Really Wonderful?
The Scripting Language article appeared right after a friend sent me an email about Lua. About a year ago I had some script I was playing with that was in Lua and I thought it looked like a pretty interesting language. But, the thought quickly passed as I have, well, enough other things to do.
We'll, my friend had the following points:
- How big Python is
While Python is my first choice for a "big" language (awk is my first choice if the task makes sense within the confines of awk), it is a big language. Execution size is one issue but, for someone new to programming, there is a lot to learn to write good Python.
- Readers' Choice Awards--Nominate Your Apps & Gadgets Now!
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Non-Linux FOSS: AutoHotkey
- RSS Feeds
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Senior Perl Developer
- Linux Systems Administrator