Lowjack Your Body with RunKeeper
This past summer, I went to a beach resort in Mexico with my wife. It made sense to get into a little better shape so as not to cause any beached-whale rumors while I soaked in the rays. Typical geek that I am, I wanted to track my every move so I could see how much exercise I really was doing. And, I wanted to do that with technology.
Thankfully, RunKeeper is available for Android. RunKeeper is an exercise-tracking app that uses GPS to track your exercise. Thanks to geographical information over GPS, RunKeeper will track your distance, pace, time and even elevation. The free version provides lots of awesome features, and its social features also can help keep you accountable. (Although your Twitter followers might get tired of hearing about your daily walks to the park.)
Several other exercise apps are available, so if RunKeeper isn't your cup of tea, just search for "exercise" in the Marketplace, and you'll find a plethora of options. Keep in mind, however, that GPS-based exercise-tracking programs aren't much good in the northern winters, when running moves indoors to a treadmill.
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Systems Administrator
- It Actually Is Rocket Science
- Senior Perl Developer