Look Who Gave Money to Apache
Aug 01, 2008 By Phil Hughes
ASF seems to have a new member to the tune of at least $100,000/year. Who? None other than Microsoft. The information is in Sam Ramji's blog. Who? "Sam Ramji is the Senior Director of Platform Strategy leading Microsoft’s platform strategy efforts across the company, including long-term strategic planning in the Windows Server and Tools organization.
Now, do we believe this?
It is not a move away from IIS as Microsoft’s strategic web server technology. We have invested significantly in refactoring and adding new, state-of-the-art features to IIS, including support for PHP. We will continue to invest in IIS for the long term and are currently under way with development of IIS 8.
- November 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: System Administration
- Dynamic Class Loading for C++ on Linux
- Validate an E-Mail Address with PHP, the Right Way
- Protect Your Ports with a Reverse Proxy
- Tails above the Rest, Part II
- Linux Journal December 2016
- wc—Word Count
- Overview Of The Debian GNU/Linux System
- Linux Security for Beginners
- PoPToP, a Secure and Free VPN Solution