LinuxDays is the first Open Source IT show in French-speaking Switzerland, dedicated to promote open source software in businesses.
This year, there will be 4 tracks, with the following themes :
* Public Administrations (June 4-5)
Organized by the State of Geneva. Themes: Change management, Forges and communities, Legal aspects and public markets
* Education (June 3rd)
Organized by the Public Instruction Dpt. of the State of Geneva. It will be about what is at stake in OSS in Education and how to reduce the digital gap.
* Open For Business (June 3-5)
Organized by Linalis. Dedicated to businesses. Themes: web applications (interoperability, frameworks, CMS), Infrastructure (communication tools, groupware, security) and Business Intelligence (dashboards, enterprise deployments)
* Grid solutions (June 5th)
Organized by the EGEE project. About the potential and business practicalities of Grid Computing technologies and similar technologies.
If you want to know more about market trends, projects, deployments, to compare open source to proprietary offerings, to meet the companies with the best competencies in this area, or if you are just curious about open source, welcome to LinuxDays!
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Wine 1.8 Released
- Non-Linux FOSS: Snk
- Firefox OS