Linux Journal Hiring Digital Media Sales Representative
Linux Journal is seeking a Digital Media Sales Representative for our Houston office.
The position requires identifying, creating, developing, selling, and executing a variety of ad sales initiatives for our technical online property. This includes but is not limited to video, webinar, banner, podcast, lead gen, channel, newsletter and display advertising.
The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of digital advertising tools and workflows as they will be expected to see campaigns through from beginning (selling) to end (deploying and tracking results), being the sole point of contact for the client.
Candidate must have:
* 2+ years digital media sales experience, with proven sales track record
* ability to create, define and competitively price digital media product offerings
* working knowledge of emerging digital advertising and social media technologies
* knack for marketing and ability to assist clients in developing and delivering their message
* ability to work independently
* excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Bachelor's degree
Candidate must be a quick learner and technologically savvy -- both will be the keys to the success in this position.
Competitive compensation includes base salary plus commission. After 90 days our benefits package includes medical, vision and dental insurance; flex spending for health care and dependent care; and 2+ weeks of paid time off each year. Sorry, no telecommuting or contractors.
About Linux Journal
Originally started as a print magazine in 1994, the Linux Journal brand's following has grown to a monthly readership nearly one million strong. Encompassing the print magazine, web site, and newsletters, Linux Journal is well-known among Linux enthusiasts as the most trusted source covering the Linux community.
We're a fun, small shop and while we've been in business for sixteen years we definitely have a start-up mentality and entrepreneurial spirit which continues to make us a leader in our field. We offer a fun, casual work environment. Linux Journal is published by Belltown Media, Inc., and is based in Houston, TX.
Please send PDFs of cover letter, resume, and samples of promotional and/or sales materials or correspondence you have created to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Win an iPhone 6
Enter to Win
|Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?||Nov 25, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.||Nov 24, 2015|
|Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH||Nov 23, 2015|
|Web Stores Held Hostage||Nov 19, 2015|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Nov 17, 2015|
|Recipy for Science||Nov 16, 2015|
- Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?
- Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.
- Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH
- Web Stores Held Hostage
- PuppetLabs Introduces Application Orchestration
- Simple Photo Editing, Linux Edition!
- Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- November 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: System Administration
- It's a Bird. It's Another Bird!