Linux Journal Hiring Digital Media Sales Representative
Linux Journal is seeking a Digital Media Sales Representative for our Houston office.
The position requires identifying, creating, developing, selling, and executing a variety of ad sales initiatives for our technical online property. This includes but is not limited to video, webinar, banner, podcast, lead gen, channel, newsletter and display advertising.
The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of digital advertising tools and workflows as they will be expected to see campaigns through from beginning (selling) to end (deploying and tracking results), being the sole point of contact for the client.
Candidate must have:
* 2+ years digital media sales experience, with proven sales track record
* ability to create, define and competitively price digital media product offerings
* working knowledge of emerging digital advertising and social media technologies
* knack for marketing and ability to assist clients in developing and delivering their message
* ability to work independently
* excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Bachelor's degree
Candidate must be a quick learner and technologically savvy -- both will be the keys to the success in this position.
Competitive compensation includes base salary plus commission. After 90 days our benefits package includes medical, vision and dental insurance; flex spending for health care and dependent care; and 2+ weeks of paid time off each year. Sorry, no telecommuting or contractors.
About Linux Journal
Originally started as a print magazine in 1994, the Linux Journal brand's following has grown to a monthly readership nearly one million strong. Encompassing the print magazine, web site, and newsletters, Linux Journal is well-known among Linux enthusiasts as the most trusted source covering the Linux community.
We're a fun, small shop and while we've been in business for sixteen years we definitely have a start-up mentality and entrepreneurial spirit which continues to make us a leader in our field. We offer a fun, casual work environment. Linux Journal is published by Belltown Media, Inc., and is based in Houston, TX.
Please send PDFs of cover letter, resume, and samples of promotional and/or sales materials or correspondence you have created to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.1 beta available on IBM Power Platform||Jan 23, 2015|
|Designing with Linux||Jan 22, 2015|
|Wondershaper—QOS in a Pinch||Jan 21, 2015|
|Ideal Backups with zbackup||Jan 19, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Animation Made Easy||Jan 14, 2015|
|Internet of Things Blows Away CES, and it May Be Hunting for YOU Next||Jan 12, 2015|
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.1 beta available on IBM Power Platform
- Designing with Linux
- Wondershaper—QOS in a Pinch
- Ideal Backups with zbackup
- Video Production 101: Making a Movie with Kdenlive
- Internet of Things Blows Away CES, and it May Be Hunting for YOU Next
- Getting Started with PiTiVi
- Slow System? iotop Is Your Friend
- New Products
- 2014 Book Roundup
Editorial Advisory Panel
Thank you to our 2014 Editorial Advisors!
- Jeff Parent
- Brad Baillio
- Nick Baronian
- Steve Case
- Chadalavada Kalyana
- Caleb Cullen
- Keir Davis
- Michael Eager
- Nick Faltys
- Dennis Frey
- Philip Jacob
- Jay Kruizenga
- Steve Marquez
- Dave McAllister
- Craig Oda
- Mike Roberts
- Chris Stark
- Patrick Swartz
- David Lynch
- Alicia Gibb
- Thomas Quinlan
- Carson McDonald
- Kristen Shoemaker
- Charnell Luchich
- James Walker
- Victor Gregorio
- Hari Boukis
- Brian Conner
- David Lane