Linux Journal Hiring Digital Media Sales Representative
Linux Journal is seeking a Digital Media Sales Representative for our Houston office.
The position requires identifying, creating, developing, selling, and executing a variety of ad sales initiatives for our technical online property. This includes but is not limited to video, webinar, banner, podcast, lead gen, channel, newsletter and display advertising.
The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of digital advertising tools and workflows as they will be expected to see campaigns through from beginning (selling) to end (deploying and tracking results), being the sole point of contact for the client.
Candidate must have:
* 2+ years digital media sales experience, with proven sales track record
* ability to create, define and competitively price digital media product offerings
* working knowledge of emerging digital advertising and social media technologies
* knack for marketing and ability to assist clients in developing and delivering their message
* ability to work independently
* excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Bachelor's degree
Candidate must be a quick learner and technologically savvy -- both will be the keys to the success in this position.
Competitive compensation includes base salary plus commission. After 90 days our benefits package includes medical, vision and dental insurance; flex spending for health care and dependent care; and 2+ weeks of paid time off each year. Sorry, no telecommuting or contractors.
About Linux Journal
Originally started as a print magazine in 1994, the Linux Journal brand's following has grown to a monthly readership nearly one million strong. Encompassing the print magazine, web site, and newsletters, Linux Journal is well-known among Linux enthusiasts as the most trusted source covering the Linux community.
We're a fun, small shop and while we've been in business for sixteen years we definitely have a start-up mentality and entrepreneurial spirit which continues to make us a leader in our field. We offer a fun, casual work environment. Linux Journal is published by Belltown Media, Inc., and is based in Houston, TX.
Please send PDFs of cover letter, resume, and samples of promotional and/or sales materials or correspondence you have created to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
On Demand NOW
Join Linux Journal and Pat Cameron, Director of Automation Technology at HelpSystems, as they discuss the eight primary advantages of moving beyond cron job scheduling. In this webinar, you’ll learn about integrating cron with an enterprise scheduler.View Now!
|Dr Hjkl on the Command Line||May 21, 2015|
|Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future||May 20, 2015|
|Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.||May 18, 2015|
|Enter to Win Archive DVD + Free Backup Solution||May 18, 2015|
|Using Hiera with Puppet||May 14, 2015|
|Urgent Kernel Patch for Ubuntu||May 12, 2015|
- Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future
- Dr Hjkl on the Command Line
- Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.
- Using Hiera with Puppet
- Gartner Dubs DivvyCloud Cool Cloud Management Vendor
- Mumblehard--Let's End Its Five-Year Reign
- Enter to Win Archive DVD + Free Backup Solution
- Infinite BusyBox with systemd
- It's Easier to Ask Forgiveness...
- A More Stable Future for Ubuntu