Linux Journal Editor Doc Searls to Keynote at iCitizen
iCitizen is a symposium in Columbus, Ohio serving as a platform for clients and partners of Resource Interactive to gather and take a deep dive into the opportunities and challenges offered by that new breed of consumer—who we call the icitizen. The social web gives a voice to those passionate consumers and offers effective tools for them to create, share and influence each other and the brands they incorporate into their lives.
Doc's May 21st keynote is titled, "Next on the Open Horizon". iCitizen publicizes it as: Web visionary Searls isn't much interested in making the current ad-centric "attention economy" more engaging. He wants to replace it altogether with an "intention economy" that matches consumers' intent to purchase a specific product with any and all relevant brands. Is this nirvana for marketers or does this economy render them obsolete? And will Searls's Vendor Relationship Management get us there?
Carlie Fairchild is the publisher of Linux Journal.
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Numerical Python
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- RSS Feeds
- It Actually Is Rocket Science
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer