Linux Journal Editor Doc Searls to Keynote at iCitizen
iCitizen is a symposium in Columbus, Ohio serving as a platform for clients and partners of Resource Interactive to gather and take a deep dive into the opportunities and challenges offered by that new breed of consumer—who we call the icitizen. The social web gives a voice to those passionate consumers and offers effective tools for them to create, share and influence each other and the brands they incorporate into their lives.
Doc's May 21st keynote is titled, "Next on the Open Horizon". iCitizen publicizes it as: Web visionary Searls isn't much interested in making the current ad-centric "attention economy" more engaging. He wants to replace it altogether with an "intention economy" that matches consumers' intent to purchase a specific product with any and all relevant brands. Is this nirvana for marketers or does this economy render them obsolete? And will Searls's Vendor Relationship Management get us there?
Carlie Fairchild is the publisher of Linux Journal.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- RSS Feeds
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
5 hours 46 min ago
- It's Jupiter
6 hours 46 min ago
- GIMP is certainly a graphic
7 hours 48 min ago
- Thanks For Your Sharing
12 hours 33 min ago
- Studying linux, and looking
15 hours 59 min ago
- voting for Best Linux Distribution
1 day 26 min ago
- tizen vs android
1 day 4 hours ago
- i switch my choice from KDE
1 day 5 hours ago
1 day 7 hours ago
- Belanja Online
1 day 10 hours ago