Linux Journal Daily Tip Video Problem
I like to download the Linux Journal Daily Tips from here:
We own a DivX capable Home DVD Player and I convert the videos from MP4 format to DivX in order to watch them on the front room TV. The only issue I have is that it is clipping off the text shown on the left side of the screen. I also watch several other vidcasts and when I mentioned this issue to the sysop of another site, he said the problem was called Overscan if I understood him properly. He pointed me to this webpage:
I would appreciate it if the daily tips allowed some extra room on the edges, so it all shows on a TV screen. I have tried playing with various options in the conversion software and it didn't make any difference.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Aug 20, 2014|
|Security Hardening with Ansible||Aug 18, 2014|
|Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark||Aug 14, 2014|
|IndieBox: for Gamers Who Miss Boxes!||Aug 13, 2014|
|Non-Linux FOSS: a Virtualized Cisco Infrastructure?||Aug 11, 2014|
|Linux Security Threats on the Rise||Aug 08, 2014|
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- New Products
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark
- Cooking with Linux - Serious Cool, Sysadmin Style!
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Containers—Not Virtual Machines—Are the Future Cloud
- RSS Feeds