Linux Journal Daily Tip Video Problem
I like to download the Linux Journal Daily Tips from here:
We own a DivX capable Home DVD Player and I convert the videos from MP4 format to DivX in order to watch them on the front room TV. The only issue I have is that it is clipping off the text shown on the left side of the screen. I also watch several other vidcasts and when I mentioned this issue to the sysop of another site, he said the problem was called Overscan if I understood him properly. He pointed me to this webpage:
I would appreciate it if the daily tips allowed some extra room on the edges, so it all shows on a TV screen. I have tried playing with various options in the conversion software and it didn't make any difference.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- February 2016 Issue of Linux Journal
- Wine 1.8 Released
- Firefox OS