Linux Journal Daily Tip Video Problem
I like to download the Linux Journal Daily Tips from here:
We own a DivX capable Home DVD Player and I convert the videos from MP4 format to DivX in order to watch them on the front room TV. The only issue I have is that it is clipping off the text shown on the left side of the screen. I also watch several other vidcasts and when I mentioned this issue to the sysop of another site, he said the problem was called Overscan if I understood him properly. He pointed me to this webpage:
I would appreciate it if the daily tips allowed some extra room on the edges, so it all shows on a TV screen. I have tried playing with various options in the conversion software and it didn't make any difference.
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
On Demand NOW
Join Linux Journal and Pat Cameron, Director of Automation Technology at HelpSystems, as they discuss the eight primary advantages of moving beyond cron job scheduling. In this webinar, you’ll learn about integrating cron with an enterprise scheduler.View Now!
|Dr Hjkl on the Command Line||May 21, 2015|
|Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future||May 20, 2015|
|Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.||May 18, 2015|
|Enter to Win Archive DVD + Free Backup Solution||May 18, 2015|
|Using Hiera with Puppet||May 14, 2015|
|Urgent Kernel Patch for Ubuntu||May 12, 2015|
- Dr Hjkl on the Command Line
- Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future
- Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.
- Using Hiera with Puppet
- Enter to Win Archive DVD + Free Backup Solution
- Gartner Dubs DivvyCloud Cool Cloud Management Vendor
- Infinite BusyBox with systemd
- Mumblehard--Let's End Its Five-Year Reign
- It's Easier to Ask Forgiveness...
- Urgent Kernel Patch for Ubuntu