Linux Journal Daily Tip Video Problem
I like to download the Linux Journal Daily Tips from here:
We own a DivX capable Home DVD Player and I convert the videos from MP4 format to DivX in order to watch them on the front room TV. The only issue I have is that it is clipping off the text shown on the left side of the screen. I also watch several other vidcasts and when I mentioned this issue to the sysop of another site, he said the problem was called Overscan if I understood him properly. He pointed me to this webpage:
I would appreciate it if the daily tips allowed some extra room on the edges, so it all shows on a TV screen. I have tried playing with various options in the conversion software and it didn't make any difference.
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- DNSMasq, the Pint-Sized Super Dæmon!
- Localhost DNS Cache
- Real-Time Rogue Wireless Access Point Detection with the Raspberry Pi
- Days Between Dates: the Counting
- You're the Boss with UBOS
- The Usability of GNOME
- Linux for Astronomers
- Multitenant Sites
- PostgreSQL, the NoSQL Database