Linux Journal Daily Tip Video Problem
I like to download the Linux Journal Daily Tips from here:
We own a DivX capable Home DVD Player and I convert the videos from MP4 format to DivX in order to watch them on the front room TV. The only issue I have is that it is clipping off the text shown on the left side of the screen. I also watch several other vidcasts and when I mentioned this issue to the sysop of another site, he said the problem was called Overscan if I understood him properly. He pointed me to this webpage:
I would appreciate it if the daily tips allowed some extra room on the edges, so it all shows on a TV screen. I have tried playing with various options in the conversion software and it didn't make any difference.
Getting Started with DevOps - Including New Data on IT Performance from Puppet Labs 2015 State of DevOps Report
August 27, 2015
12:00 PM CDT
DevOps represents a profound change from the way most IT departments have traditionally worked: from siloed teams and high-anxiety releases to everyone collaborating on uneventful and more frequent releases of higher-quality code. It doesn't matter how large or small an organization is, or even whether it's historically slow moving or risk averse — there are ways to adopt DevOps sanely, and get measurable results in just weeks.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Django Models and Migrations
- Hacking a Safe with Bash
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory, Part II
- The Controversy Behind Canonical's Intellectual Property Policy
- Home Automation with Raspberry Pi
- Shashlik - a Tasty New Android Simulator
- Huge Package Overhaul for Debian and Ubuntu
- KDE Reveals Plasma Mobile
- Embed Linux in Monitoring and Control Systems
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development