Linux in Amsterdam
So what's up with Linux in Amsterdam? That's a front-burner question for me right now because I'll be spending the next three days there, and would like to pick up on a story or few while I'm there.
Of special interest to me is what Linux (and FOSS) hackers are doing from the edge inward to build out the Net as a system not controlled just by large telcos and other providers. For example, is anybody doing in Amsterdam (or nearby) what Indienet.dk has been doing in Copenhagen?
As a side note, it amazes me that I'm creeping up on a million miles with United, and probably past that overall, but I've never been to Amsterdam. Look for me at MobileMonday, where I'm going to be on, well, monday.
Okay, the the plane is boarding. See you there.
Doc Searls is Senior Editor of Linux Journal
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Numerical Python
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- DreamWorks Feature Linux and Animation
- Linux-Based X Terminals with XDMCP
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- RSS Feeds
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Linux Systems Administrator