So what's up with Linux in Amsterdam? That's a front-burner question for me right now because I'll be spending the next three days there, and would like to pick up on a story or few while I'm there.
Of special interest to me is what Linux (and FOSS) hackers are doing from the edge inward to build out the Net as a system not controlled just by large telcos and other providers. For example, is anybody doing in Amsterdam (or nearby) what Indienet.dk has been doing in Copenhagen?
As a side note, it amazes me that I'm creeping up on a million miles with United, and probably past that overall, but I've never been to Amsterdam. Look for me at MobileMonday, where I'm going to be on, well, monday.
Okay, the the plane is boarding. See you there.
Doc Searls is Senior Editor of Linux Journal
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- Linux Systems Administrator
- RSS Feeds
- Technical Support Rep
- Senior Perl Developer
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
1 hour 10 min ago
- It's Jupiter
2 hours 10 min ago
- GIMP is certainly a graphic
3 hours 12 min ago
- Thanks For Your Sharing
7 hours 58 min ago
- Studying linux, and looking
11 hours 23 min ago
- voting for Best Linux Distribution
19 hours 50 min ago
- tizen vs android
23 hours 59 min ago
- i switch my choice from KDE
1 day 26 min ago
1 day 3 hours ago
- Belanja Online
1 day 5 hours ago