Learn how to take Classes Online with New Book on the Moodle Learning Management System
Moodle Course Conversion: Beginner’s Guide is a new book from Packt that provides the quickest way for teachers and trainers to turn their familiar teaching materials into a Moodle e-learning course. Written by Ian Wild, this book helps to add multimedia, and incorporate existing sounds and videos to improve a course by converting the existing handouts, worksheets, and other resources into Moodle courses.
This book begins by showing educators how to turn their teaching schedule into an engaging and attractive Moodle course, with the correct number of topics and in a fixed timeframe. Lecturers will learn how to format resources such as documents, slideshows, worksheets etc. in a way that will be effective for students, and will make it easier for them to read and follow.
Using the Moodle course, students will be able to submit their assignments for lecturers to mark or assess on the computer, thereby reducing boxes of assignments to carry to and from school. Instead of having students call into the office during breaks or preparation time, teachers can use forums and messaging to deliver quizzes, tests, and videos, and keep in contact with students whenever convenient.
Teachers, tutors, and lecturers who want to use Moodle to enhance their courses will find this book useful. The book is out now and is available from Packt. For more information, please visit http://www.packtpub.com/moodle-course-conversion/book
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Server Hardening
- Giving Silos Their Due
- 22 Years of Linux Journal on One DVD - Now Available
- What's New in 3D Printing, Part III: the Software
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Firefox OS
- February 2016 Issue of Linux Journal