Kuklomenos—Weird Space Shooter?
Kuklomenos has to be one of the weirdest games I've ever come across. I'm not doing a full review here, because I simply can't figure it out! If you want to compile it, go right ahead; it's easy with the usual ./configure, make, make install routine. But, once you get into the game, be prepared to be puzzled. I think it's a space shooter, because the background is black, but that's just a guess! Your goal is to fight off blobs with a strange control scheme that involves zooming, rotation and fire accuracy—all in a playing style that's like Asteroids rewritten by a French existentialist on crack. Intrigued? Check it out.
Kuklomenos—if you work out this game, let me know!
John Knight is the New Projects columnist for Linux Journal.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- Mars Needs Women
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- RSS Feeds
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Mixtapes Community
1 hour 16 min ago
- KDE is one true DE
1 hour 51 min ago
- Command Line Shells (Bash, Zsh, etc.) are 2nd place
2 hours 19 min ago
4 hours 14 min ago
- yes it's Jupiter Broadcasting
5 hours 34 min ago
- nice to see PClinuxOS finally
8 hours 7 min ago
- Personally, I am no longer a
9 hours 4 min ago
- It's Jupiter
23 hours 28 min ago
- GIMP is certainly a graphic
1 day 31 min ago
- Thanks For Your Sharing
1 day 5 hours ago