Kuklomenos—Weird Space Shooter?
Kuklomenos has to be one of the weirdest games I've ever come across. I'm not doing a full review here, because I simply can't figure it out! If you want to compile it, go right ahead; it's easy with the usual ./configure, make, make install routine. But, once you get into the game, be prepared to be puzzled. I think it's a space shooter, because the background is black, but that's just a guess! Your goal is to fight off blobs with a strange control scheme that involves zooming, rotation and fire accuracy—all in a playing style that's like Asteroids rewritten by a French existentialist on crack. Intrigued? Check it out.
Kuklomenos—if you work out this game, let me know!
John Knight is the New Projects columnist for Linux Journal.
- October 2014 Issue of Linux Journal: Embedded
- Encrypt Your Dog (Mutt and GPG)
- Practical Tiny Core in the Fire Service
- DevOps for Dummies
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Python Scripts as a Replacement for Bash Utility Scripts
- New Products
- RSS Feeds
- Open Axiom
- Cooking with Linux - Serious Cool, Sysadmin Style!