Kuklomenos—Weird Space Shooter?
Kuklomenos has to be one of the weirdest games I've ever come across. I'm not doing a full review here, because I simply can't figure it out! If you want to compile it, go right ahead; it's easy with the usual ./configure, make, make install routine. But, once you get into the game, be prepared to be puzzled. I think it's a space shooter, because the background is black, but that's just a guess! Your goal is to fight off blobs with a strange control scheme that involves zooming, rotation and fire accuracy—all in a playing style that's like Asteroids rewritten by a French existentialist on crack. Intrigued? Check it out.
Kuklomenos—if you work out this game, let me know!
John Knight is the New Projects columnist for Linux Journal.
|Raspi-Sump||Dec 16, 2014|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Dec 12, 2014|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Don't Type All Those Words!||Dec 10, 2014|
|Computing without a Computer||Dec 08, 2014|
|Autokey: Shorthand for Typists||Dec 04, 2014|
|How Can We Get Business to Care about Freedom, Openness and Interoperability?||Dec 03, 2014|
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Cooking with Linux - Serious Cool, Sysadmin Style!
- How Can We Get Business to Care about Freedom, Openness and Interoperability?
- Synchronize Your Life with ownCloud
- Days Between Dates?
- Computing without a Computer
- Non-Linux FOSS: Don't Type All Those Words!
- Autokey: Shorthand for Typists