Kuklomenos—Weird Space Shooter?
Kuklomenos has to be one of the weirdest games I've ever come across. I'm not doing a full review here, because I simply can't figure it out! If you want to compile it, go right ahead; it's easy with the usual ./configure, make, make install routine. But, once you get into the game, be prepared to be puzzled. I think it's a space shooter, because the background is black, but that's just a guess! Your goal is to fight off blobs with a strange control scheme that involves zooming, rotation and fire accuracy—all in a playing style that's like Asteroids rewritten by a French existentialist on crack. Intrigued? Check it out.
Kuklomenos—if you work out this game, let me know!
John Knight is the New Projects columnist for Linux Journal.
- The Qt Company's Qt Start-Up
- Devuan Beta Release
- May 2016 Issue of Linux Journal
- EnterpriseDB's EDB Postgres Advanced Server and EDB Postgres Enterprise Manager
- The US Government and Open-Source Software
- Open-Source Project Secretly Funded by CIA
- The Death of RoboVM
- The Humble Hacker?
- New Container Image Standard Promises More Portable Apps
- BitTorrent Inc.'s Sync