Kernel not booting from grub.conf
I have a New 64bit fedora 10 remote dedicated box from Hosting Company. I have updated its kernel from 188.8.131.52-170.2.56.fc10.x86_64 to 184.108.40.206-170.2.68.fc10.x86_64.
After rebooting Server its always boot from kernel-220.127.116.11-170.2.56.fc10.x86_64. It totally ignore the sequence of kernel booting defined in grub.conf. i have commented all older kernel entries in grub.conf except New one-18.104.22.168-170.2.68.fc10.x86_64. Even then it boot from older kernel 22.214.171.124-170.2.56.fc10.x86_64.
For information i have not installed lilo. Can anyone tell why and how server is booting from a specific kernel and not entertaining grub.conf.
I have checked the booting logs, server simply boot from kernel-126.96.36.199-170.2.56.fc10.x86_64 and not errors in logs. can someone tell me whats going on with my box.
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Docker: Lightweight Linux Containers for Consistent Development and Deployment
- It Actually Is Rocket Science
- Senior Perl Developer