Kernel not booting from grub.conf
I have a New 64bit fedora 10 remote dedicated box from Hosting Company. I have updated its kernel from 220.127.116.11-170.2.56.fc10.x86_64 to 18.104.22.168-170.2.68.fc10.x86_64.
After rebooting Server its always boot from kernel-22.214.171.124-170.2.56.fc10.x86_64. It totally ignore the sequence of kernel booting defined in grub.conf. i have commented all older kernel entries in grub.conf except New one-126.96.36.199-170.2.68.fc10.x86_64. Even then it boot from older kernel 188.8.131.52-170.2.56.fc10.x86_64.
For information i have not installed lilo. Can anyone tell why and how server is booting from a specific kernel and not entertaining grub.conf.
I have checked the booting logs, server simply boot from kernel-184.108.40.206-170.2.56.fc10.x86_64 and not errors in logs. can someone tell me whats going on with my box.
- Integrating Trac, Jenkins and Cobbler—Customizing Linux Operating Systems for Organizational Needs
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Non-Linux FOSS: Remember Burning ISOs?
- EdgeRouter Lite
- New Products
- RSS Feeds
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server