Join Linux Journal Live! Tonight
Tonight's show is about disaster. Steven Evatt knows a lot about the subject as he and his team were responsible for keeping Houston's newspaper on-line during Hurricane Ike --using Linux of course. Not only did he have to keep chron.com up and running during a natural disaster but he did so while their traffic increased nearly six-fold. We'll talk to Steven about his awesome ninja skills, the Chronicle's infrastructure, CMS, etc., and how Linux saved the day.
In addition to Steven's story tonight we'll chat about backups, data recovery, data restoration, off-site redundancy, and so on. We'll open the room to questions so bring yours with.
When: Thursday evening, October 2nd @ 8:30pm Eastern/5:30pm Pacific Time (00:30 GMT)
Length: 30 minutes
Host: Editor Shawn Powers
Co-Host: Houston Chronicle's Steven Evatt
- My Childhood in a Cigar Box
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- NethServer: Linux without All That Linux Stuff
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!
- Debugging Democracy