Job: Senior Systems Administrator at Six Apart
I just got this job listing in my inbox and thought I'd share it with readers in case anyone was interested.
Company: Six Apart
Job Title: Senior Systems Administrator
Description: Terms: Salaried Employee with full benefits
Hours: Full Time
Location: San Francisco, CA
Six Apart, the creator of award-winning blogging software and services Movable Type, TypePad and Vox, is looking for an experienced Senior Systems Administrator. As a member of the Operations Engineering team, the Senior Systems Administrator will be a crucial member of a superstar Operations team supporting high-traffic, complex websites powering the blogosphere.
* Significant contributor in the management of several large, complex websites
* Design and implement systems infrastructure for new services
* Automation of frequently performed tasks
* Provide technical leadership and mentoring within operations team
* Establishes and recommends policies on architecture and systems based on best practices
* Works under the general supervision of senior management
* Second level on-call in shared rotation for site reliability issues; works with appropriate engineering resources to see full resolution of production impacting issues
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of training users in applications and operating system fundamentals, acting as a vendor liaison, making presentations to peers, working with upper management and writing extensive documentation.
* Extensive programming background in any applicable language
* Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes
* A solid understanding of an operating system, preferably Linux with bonus points for Redhat based distributions
* A solid understanding of networking/distributed computing concepts
* Understanding of Cfengine, Puppet or similar configuration management utilities
* More than five years of Linux system administration experience
* A degree in computer science or a related field
* Publications within the field of systems administration
* Familiarity with Six Apart infrastructure tools MogileFS, Perlbal, Memcached or related technologies
Please send your resume to jchai at sixapart dot com with subject line: "Position: Senior Systems Administrator."
Carlie Fairchild is the publisher of Linux Journal.
Win an iPhone 6
Enter to Win
|Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?||Nov 25, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.||Nov 24, 2015|
|Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH||Nov 23, 2015|
|Web Stores Held Hostage||Nov 19, 2015|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Nov 17, 2015|
|Recipy for Science||Nov 16, 2015|
- Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.
- Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH
- Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?
- Simple Photo Editing, Linux Edition!
- Web Stores Held Hostage
- Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security
- PuppetLabs Introduces Application Orchestration
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- It's a Bird. It's Another Bird!
- How Will the Big Data Craze Play Out?