It's Getting Steamy in Here!
After months of me promising Steam would be coming to Linux, it's finally here. The early verdict: it's pretty great! The installer is a simple pre-packaged .deb file for Ubuntu (or Xubuntu in my case), and the user portion of the install looks very much like Windows or Macintosh. In my limited testing, I've found the Steam beta to be at least as stable as Desura. I also was impressed with the large number of my Steam games that have Linux versions ready to download and play.
If you were under the impression that Steam was going to be the next Duke Nukem Forever, I'm happy to say that you (and I) were wrong. Steam has finally come to Linux, which has the potential to change the way Linux users play games. It also means fewer reboots into Windows just to shoot a few zombies! Check it out at www.steamforlinux.com.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Linux Kernel News - November 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- RSS Feeds
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Advanced Hard Drive Caching Techniques
- Web Administration Scripts
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- thanks for share, great
2 hours 47 min ago
- There are factors which are
7 hours 47 min ago
- Gnome 3 ?
8 hours 32 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
12 hours 39 min ago
- "Redis RethinkDB 4.5%" on Best NoSQL Databases
22 hours 45 min ago
- on the ground
1 day 5 hours ago
- I was able to read the whole
1 day 6 hours ago
- since i have read the title i
1 day 9 hours ago
- Belanja Online Cari Voucher Diskon
1 day 10 hours ago
- The kernel doesn't really
1 day 22 hours ago