It's Getting Steamy in Here!
After months of me promising Steam would be coming to Linux, it's finally here. The early verdict: it's pretty great! The installer is a simple pre-packaged .deb file for Ubuntu (or Xubuntu in my case), and the user portion of the install looks very much like Windows or Macintosh. In my limited testing, I've found the Steam beta to be at least as stable as Desura. I also was impressed with the large number of my Steam games that have Linux versions ready to download and play.
If you were under the impression that Steam was going to be the next Duke Nukem Forever, I'm happy to say that you (and I) were wrong. Steam has finally come to Linux, which has the potential to change the way Linux users play games. It also means fewer reboots into Windows just to shoot a few zombies! Check it out at www.steamforlinux.com.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- RSS Feeds
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Web Administration Scripts
- Sublime Is Brilliant!
48 min ago
1 hour 7 min ago
- Rapid[Disk,Cache] better than native ram caching?
1 hour 32 min ago
- Nothing is perfect
1 hour 45 min ago
- Mixtapes Community
7 hours 24 min ago
- KDE is one true DE
7 hours 59 min ago
- Command Line Shells (Bash, Zsh, etc.) are 2nd place
8 hours 27 min ago
10 hours 22 min ago
- yes it's Jupiter Broadcasting
11 hours 41 min ago
- nice to see PClinuxOS finally
14 hours 15 min ago