It's All Like... What?
Google phrase searches can produce results that seem like random answers to a Rorschach test—only more amusing. Here are the top results (on a day in July 2008) for “The Internet is like...”:
“a vast uncataloged library”
“a series of tubes”
“alcohol in some sense”
“going down the Chinese road”
Closer to home, “Linux is like...”:
“switching from a car to a motorcycle”
“ice cream—too many flavors to choose”
“a fixed-wheel bicycle”
“turning on your first computer and figuring out what all those weird boxes did”
“a common cold”
“a whole new species”
“Ubuntu, only different”
Our hat tip for this observation goes to reader Mike Warot.
Doc Searls is Senior Editor of Linux Journal
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- Embedding Python in Your C Programs
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- New Products
- Customizing Vim
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- RSS Feeds
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python