IP Voice 2008 - Lisbon, Portugal - March 5th to 6th, 2008
IP Voice 2008 (http://www.ipvoice2008.com/eng/index2.php) will be held in Lisbon, Portugal on March 5th to 6th, 2008, and with the main audience of this conference being targeted to enterprise customers and communication carriers.
There have been a number of Open Software Phone projects that have happened in the past year and which continue to move forward:
o Trolltech's Qtopia Phone Edition: http://trolltech.com/products/qtopia/phone_edition
o OpenMoko: http://www.openmoko.org/
o Android: http://code.google.com/android/
and with these projects being backed by real hardware being developed for them, the concept of choice in telephony appears to be within our grasp.
The conference, of course, is not just "telephony", but the convergence of video, text, voice, and other digital media, and not just lectures, but workshops to share ideas.
While my talk "Omnipresent Internet: Challenges for tomorrow" will concentrate on sustainable access to the Internet in developing countries, others will talk on aspects of IP telecommunications in general.
- Let's Go to Mars with Martian Lander
- My Childhood in a Cigar Box
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Debugging Democracy
- NethServer: Linux without All That Linux Stuff
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!