IP Voice 2008 - Lisbon, Portugal - March 5th to 6th, 2008
IP Voice 2008 (http://www.ipvoice2008.com/eng/index2.php) will be held in Lisbon, Portugal on March 5th to 6th, 2008, and with the main audience of this conference being targeted to enterprise customers and communication carriers.
There have been a number of Open Software Phone projects that have happened in the past year and which continue to move forward:
o Trolltech's Qtopia Phone Edition: http://trolltech.com/products/qtopia/phone_edition
o OpenMoko: http://www.openmoko.org/
o Android: http://code.google.com/android/
and with these projects being backed by real hardware being developed for them, the concept of choice in telephony appears to be within our grasp.
The conference, of course, is not just "telephony", but the convergence of video, text, voice, and other digital media, and not just lectures, but workshops to share ideas.
While my talk "Omnipresent Internet: Challenges for tomorrow" will concentrate on sustainable access to the Internet in developing countries, others will talk on aspects of IP telecommunications in general.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Handheld Emulation: Achievement Unlocked!
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- Building a Multisourced Infrastructure Using OpenVPN
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Happy GPL Birthday VLC!
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Server Hardening
- New Products
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation