IP Voice 2008 - Lisbon, Portugal - March 5th to 6th, 2008
IP Voice 2008 (http://www.ipvoice2008.com/eng/index2.php) will be held in Lisbon, Portugal on March 5th to 6th, 2008, and with the main audience of this conference being targeted to enterprise customers and communication carriers.
There have been a number of Open Software Phone projects that have happened in the past year and which continue to move forward:
o Trolltech's Qtopia Phone Edition: http://trolltech.com/products/qtopia/phone_edition
o OpenMoko: http://www.openmoko.org/
o Android: http://code.google.com/android/
and with these projects being backed by real hardware being developed for them, the concept of choice in telephony appears to be within our grasp.
The conference, of course, is not just "telephony", but the convergence of video, text, voice, and other digital media, and not just lectures, but workshops to share ideas.
While my talk "Omnipresent Internet: Challenges for tomorrow" will concentrate on sustainable access to the Internet in developing countries, others will talk on aspects of IP telecommunications in general.
Win an iPhone 6
Enter to Win
|Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!||Nov 26, 2015|
|Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?||Nov 25, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.||Nov 24, 2015|
|Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH||Nov 23, 2015|
|Web Stores Held Hostage||Nov 19, 2015|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Nov 17, 2015|
- Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?
- Geek Hide-away in Guatemala - Stay for Free!
- Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH
- Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.
- Web Stores Held Hostage
- Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security
- PuppetLabs Introduces Application Orchestration
- It's a Bird. It's Another Bird!
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- IBM LinuxONE Provides New Options for Linux Deployment