How to know the USB port number?
I am using a USB hub with 7 downstream ports.
I am connecting 4 of the same devices(custom class device) on 4 ports.
I have a requirement to know to which physical port is a device connected, cause I have to number them accordingly in the application GUI.
I found an ioctl USBDEVFS_HUB_PORTINFO, in "usbdevice_fs.h" which does give me this information.
"hub_ioctl" does give us this information.
now I don't know how to call this ioctl from my application.
Do I have to make any provision in my device driver to talk to the hub driver? if so can anyone please explain me how do we do that.
I did google on this but it seems to be very trivial, so could not find any information.
Note: am using 2.6.22 on i.Mx21S target
Thanks in advance
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Aug 20, 2014|
|Security Hardening with Ansible||Aug 18, 2014|
|Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark||Aug 14, 2014|
|IndieBox: for Gamers Who Miss Boxes!||Aug 13, 2014|
|Non-Linux FOSS: a Virtualized Cisco Infrastructure?||Aug 11, 2014|
|Linux Security Threats on the Rise||Aug 08, 2014|
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- RSS Feeds
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Cooking with Linux - Serious Cool, Sysadmin Style!
- Senior Perl Developer