How to know the USB port number?
I am using a USB hub with 7 downstream ports.
I am connecting 4 of the same devices(custom class device) on 4 ports.
I have a requirement to know to which physical port is a device connected, cause I have to number them accordingly in the application GUI.
I found an ioctl USBDEVFS_HUB_PORTINFO, in "usbdevice_fs.h" which does give me this information.
"hub_ioctl" does give us this information.
now I don't know how to call this ioctl from my application.
Do I have to make any provision in my device driver to talk to the hub driver? if so can anyone please explain me how do we do that.
I did google on this but it seems to be very trivial, so could not find any information.
Note: am using 2.6.22 on i.Mx21S target
Thanks in advance
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
On Demand NOW
Join Linux Journal and Pat Cameron, Director of Automation Technology at HelpSystems, as they discuss the eight primary advantages of moving beyond cron job scheduling. In this webinar, you’ll learn about integrating cron with an enterprise scheduler.View Now!
|Dr Hjkl on the Command Line||May 21, 2015|
|Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future||May 20, 2015|
|Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.||May 18, 2015|
|Using Hiera with Puppet||May 14, 2015|
|Urgent Kernel Patch for Ubuntu||May 12, 2015|
|Gartner Dubs DivvyCloud Cool Cloud Management Vendor||May 12, 2015|
- Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future
- Dr Hjkl on the Command Line
- Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.
- Using Hiera with Puppet
- Gartner Dubs DivvyCloud Cool Cloud Management Vendor
- Mumblehard--Let's End Its Five-Year Reign
- Infinite BusyBox with systemd
- It's Easier to Ask Forgiveness...
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- A More Stable Future for Ubuntu