How to know the USB port number?
I am using a USB hub with 7 downstream ports.
I am connecting 4 of the same devices(custom class device) on 4 ports.
I have a requirement to know to which physical port is a device connected, cause I have to number them accordingly in the application GUI.
I found an ioctl USBDEVFS_HUB_PORTINFO, in "usbdevice_fs.h" which does give me this information.
"hub_ioctl" does give us this information.
now I don't know how to call this ioctl from my application.
Do I have to make any provision in my device driver to talk to the hub driver? if so can anyone please explain me how do we do that.
I did google on this but it seems to be very trivial, so could not find any information.
Note: am using 2.6.22 on i.Mx21S target
Thanks in advance
|September 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: HOW-TOs||Sep 01, 2015|
|September 2015 Video Preview||Sep 01, 2015|
|Using tshark to Watch and Inspect Network Traffic||Aug 31, 2015|
|Where's That Pesky Hidden Word?||Aug 28, 2015|
|A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects||Aug 27, 2015|
|Concerning Containers' Connections: on Docker Networking||Aug 26, 2015|
- Using tshark to Watch and Inspect Network Traffic
- September 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: HOW-TOs
- Concerning Containers' Connections: on Docker Networking
- Problems with Ubuntu's Software Center and How Canonical Plans to Fix Them
- Firefox Security Exploit Targets Linux Users and Web Developers
- A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects
- Where's That Pesky Hidden Word?
- Build a “Virtual SuperComputer” with Process Virtualization
- My Network Go-Bag
- Doing Astronomy with Python