How to detect USB drives that has been inserted/removed?
I am new to Linux. I have to write a C library which has to detect USB device such as Mass Storage devices that has been inserted/removed. And it has to notify to a Java application with Mass Storage Device's Label, Device ID. And as well as once it has been identified, it has to mount to a location and it has to send the mounted location to Java App.
I have tried using iNotify and by reading /proc/partitions. But i didnt succeed. Because iNotify is not giving notification for /proc/partitions as well as i m unable to read /proc/partitions through File IO in C.
Or Is there any built-in library which we can register for USB notification?
Please provide me suggestion to accomplish this task.
Thanks and Regards,
|Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory, Part II||Jul 29, 2015|
|Hacking a Safe with Bash||Jul 28, 2015|
|KDE Reveals Plasma Mobile||Jul 28, 2015|
|Huge Package Overhaul for Debian and Ubuntu||Jul 23, 2015|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Jul 22, 2015|
|Shashlik - a Tasty New Android Simulator||Jul 21, 2015|
- Hacking a Safe with Bash
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory, Part II
- KDE Reveals Plasma Mobile
- Home Automation with Raspberry Pi
- Huge Package Overhaul for Debian and Ubuntu
- The Controversy Behind Canonical's Intellectual Property Policy
- Shashlik - a Tasty New Android Simulator
- Embed Linux in Monitoring and Control Systems
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- General Relativity in Python