How to detect USB drives that has been inserted/removed?
I am new to Linux. I have to write a C library which has to detect USB device such as Mass Storage devices that has been inserted/removed. And it has to notify to a Java application with Mass Storage Device's Label, Device ID. And as well as once it has been identified, it has to mount to a location and it has to send the mounted location to Java App.
I have tried using iNotify and by reading /proc/partitions. But i didnt succeed. Because iNotify is not giving notification for /proc/partitions as well as i m unable to read /proc/partitions through File IO in C.
Or Is there any built-in library which we can register for USB notification?
Please provide me suggestion to accomplish this task.
Thanks and Regards,
|Silicon Mechanics Gives Back||Jul 30, 2014|
|Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time||Jul 29, 2014|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Jul 23, 2014|
|Great Scott! It's Version 13!||Jul 21, 2014|
|Adminer—Better Than Awesome!||Jul 17, 2014|
|It Actually Is Rocket Science||Jul 16, 2014|
- Silicon Mechanics Gives Back
- Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time
- Numerical Python
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Senior Perl Developer
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Technical Support Rep