How to detect USB drives that has been inserted/removed?
I am new to Linux. I have to write a C library which has to detect USB device such as Mass Storage devices that has been inserted/removed. And it has to notify to a Java application with Mass Storage Device's Label, Device ID. And as well as once it has been identified, it has to mount to a location and it has to send the mounted location to Java App.
I have tried using iNotify and by reading /proc/partitions. But i didnt succeed. Because iNotify is not giving notification for /proc/partitions as well as i m unable to read /proc/partitions through File IO in C.
Or Is there any built-in library which we can register for USB notification?
Please provide me suggestion to accomplish this task.
Thanks and Regards,
- Linux Journal December 2016
- Stepping into Science
- CORSAIR's Carbide Air 740
- Tyson Foods Honored as SUSE Customer of the Year
- A Better Raspberry Pi Streaming Solution
- More on Using the Bash Complete Command
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Radio Free Linux
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part II
- FutureVault Inc.'s FutureVault