Hey, I'm a potential new user of Linux. Got a Question.
And as a potential new user, I've been looking around and researching Linux for quite awhile - well actually for the last 2 days or so. I've found a listing of possible "distributors" through a website called linux.org.
To explain my needs, I am a player of World of Warcraft and an amateur artist. My computer is an AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+ 2.01 GHz, 2.50 GB of RAM, ASUS K8 Motherboard, and I use Windows XP Corporate Edition (Cracked) in a Maxter 152 GB Hard Drive, with additional IBM Deskstar 19.1 GB Hard Drive, and I also have a WD 232 GB External Hard Drive. I have around 109 GB of free space on the Maxter that I use for my WinXP OS on.
What I need to know is could you tell me or recommend what to get for a Linux OS on my machine, and how would I partition my Maxter Hard Drive, and how much space would it literally take?
|A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects||Aug 27, 2015|
|Concerning Containers' Connections: on Docker Networking||Aug 26, 2015|
|My Network Go-Bag||Aug 24, 2015|
|Doing Astronomy with Python||Aug 19, 2015|
|Build a “Virtual SuperComputer” with Process Virtualization||Aug 18, 2015|
|Firefox Security Exploit Targets Linux Users and Web Developers||Aug 17, 2015|
- Concerning Containers' Connections: on Docker Networking
- A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects
- Problems with Ubuntu's Software Center and How Canonical Plans to Fix Them
- My Network Go-Bag
- Firefox Security Exploit Targets Linux Users and Web Developers
- Doing Astronomy with Python
- Build a “Virtual SuperComputer” with Process Virtualization
- Three More Lessons
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- August 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Programming