And as a potential new user, I've been looking around and researching Linux for quite awhile - well actually for the last 2 days or so. I've found a listing of possible "distributors" through a website called linux.org.
To explain my needs, I am a player of World of Warcraft and an amateur artist. My computer is an AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+ 2.01 GHz, 2.50 GB of RAM, ASUS K8 Motherboard, and I use Windows XP Corporate Edition (Cracked) in a Maxter 152 GB Hard Drive, with additional IBM Deskstar 19.1 GB Hard Drive, and I also have a WD 232 GB External Hard Drive. I have around 109 GB of free space on the Maxter that I use for my WinXP OS on.
What I need to know is could you tell me or recommend what to get for a Linux OS on my machine, and how would I partition my Maxter Hard Drive, and how much space would it literally take?
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- RSS Feeds
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- This should be very helpful
56 min 35 sec ago
- As much as I share your point
3 hours 16 min ago
- So girls had it better ?
6 hours 48 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
7 hours 8 min ago
- why is GNOME 3 in the fifth position at 14.1 %?
12 hours 40 min ago
- Sublime Is Brilliant!
17 hours 43 min ago
18 hours 2 min ago
- Rapid[Disk,Cache] better than native ram caching?
18 hours 27 min ago
- Nothing is perfect
18 hours 40 min ago
- Mixtapes Community
1 day 19 min ago