help for Memory mapped mode compact Flash driver in linux
I am having an embedded system using Compact Flash device.
I am trying to figure out what is the right driver to access the CF.
The HW configuration is as following:
The CF is connected directly to MPC8250 CPU (PowerQUICC II,
Freescale), via (60x bus).
It is connected in Memory mapped Mode, with 16-bit data lines interface.
CF is connected directly to CPU like SDRAM on 60x bus.
The memory controller of the MPC8250 is utilized for controlling accesses to CompactFlash without the aid of a PCMCIA or ATA controller device.
It has to work in polling mode.
I am using linux 2.6.22 version.
The questions I have:
1. What is the appropriate driver? Is there any driver avilable in linux to make use for
Is there any procedure, how integrate compact flash?
I am confused here which one to use SCSI,ata,IDE interface.
2. I have working u-boot cf driver, which has read and write routines which does raw read/write from CF ?
I could able to boot(u-boot) system from CF.
How to port CF driver from u-boot to linux?
I am struggling here for this.
Please help me in this regard...
Thank you very much for your help in advance
With Best Regards
|PostgreSQL, the NoSQL Database||Jan 29, 2015|
|HPC Cluster Grant Accepting Applications!||Jan 28, 2015|
|Sharing Admin Privileges for Many Hosts Securely||Jan 28, 2015|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.1 beta available on IBM Power Platform||Jan 23, 2015|
|Designing with Linux||Jan 22, 2015|
|Wondershaper—QOS in a Pinch||Jan 21, 2015|
- PostgreSQL, the NoSQL Database
- Sharing Admin Privileges for Many Hosts Securely
- HPC Cluster Grant Accepting Applications!
- Internet of Things Blows Away CES, and it May Be Hunting for YOU Next
- Ideal Backups with zbackup
- Wondershaper—QOS in a Pinch
- Designing with Linux
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.1 beta available on IBM Power Platform
- Slow System? iotop Is Your Friend
- January 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Security
Editorial Advisory Panel
Thank you to our 2014 Editorial Advisors!
- Jeff Parent
- Brad Baillio
- Nick Baronian
- Steve Case
- Chadalavada Kalyana
- Caleb Cullen
- Keir Davis
- Michael Eager
- Nick Faltys
- Dennis Frey
- Philip Jacob
- Jay Kruizenga
- Steve Marquez
- Dave McAllister
- Craig Oda
- Mike Roberts
- Chris Stark
- Patrick Swartz
- David Lynch
- Alicia Gibb
- Thomas Quinlan
- Carson McDonald
- Kristen Shoemaker
- Charnell Luchich
- James Walker
- Victor Gregorio
- Hari Boukis
- Brian Conner
- David Lane