help for Memory mapped mode compact Flash driver in linux
I am having an embedded system using Compact Flash device.
I am trying to figure out what is the right driver to access the CF.
The HW configuration is as following:
The CF is connected directly to MPC8250 CPU (PowerQUICC II,
Freescale), via (60x bus).
It is connected in Memory mapped Mode, with 16-bit data lines interface.
CF is connected directly to CPU like SDRAM on 60x bus.
The memory controller of the MPC8250 is utilized for controlling accesses to CompactFlash without the aid of a PCMCIA or ATA controller device.
It has to work in polling mode.
I am using linux 2.6.22 version.
The questions I have:
1. What is the appropriate driver? Is there any driver avilable in linux to make use for
Is there any procedure, how integrate compact flash?
I am confused here which one to use SCSI,ata,IDE interface.
2. I have working u-boot cf driver, which has read and write routines which does raw read/write from CF ?
I could able to boot(u-boot) system from CF.
How to port CF driver from u-boot to linux?
I am struggling here for this.
Please help me in this regard...
Thank you very much for your help in advance
With Best Regards
Practical Task Scheduling Deployment
Join Linux Journal's Mike Diehl and Pat Cameron of Help Systems.
Free to Linux Journal readers.View Now!
|The Firebird Project's Firebird Relational Database||Jul 29, 2016|
|Stunnel Security for Oracle||Jul 28, 2016|
|SUSE LLC's SUSE Manager||Jul 21, 2016|
|My +1 Sword of Productivity||Jul 20, 2016|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Caffeine!||Jul 19, 2016|
|Murat Yener and Onur Dundar's Expert Android Studio (Wrox)||Jul 18, 2016|
- The Firebird Project's Firebird Relational Database
- Stunnel Security for Oracle
- My +1 Sword of Productivity
- SUSE LLC's SUSE Manager
- Non-Linux FOSS: Caffeine!
- Managing Linux Using Puppet
- Murat Yener and Onur Dundar's Expert Android Studio (Wrox)
- Parsing an RSS News Feed with a Bash Script
- Google's SwiftShader Released
- Doing for User Space What We Did for Kernel Space