Google and Open Source
It's possible that Google may be the largest open source-based company on Earth. I'm guessing at that, and I might be wrong. Several years ago, in a conversation at Google with some of their honchos, one of them told me Google's plan was to have over a million servers behind its search service, all running on LInux. I don't know if that's come to pass yet. Or if it matters, frankly. But it's crossing my mind as I get ready to talk tomorrow (or soon thereafter) with Google's chief open source guru (technically, Open Source Project Manager), Chris DiBona.
The occasion is this announcement (and others like it, sure to come along).
If any of ya'll have some questions you'd like me to ask Chris, put them below, or send me pointers to wherever you've posted them (your own blog or publication, for example).
Doc Searls is Senior Editor of Linux Journal
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Identifying Swift Opportunities Relating to interview transcript holocaust
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code