Friends and Family Day
Friends and Family,
Linux Journal is now customized for your Android-device, Kindle, Nook, iPhone, iPad and more! Redeem your special Friends and Family pricing when you subscribe today and you'll have access to ALL formats. Now anywhere you go, Linux Journal will go with you.
Take advantage of our special Friends and Family rate of just $19.50 (normal price is $29.50) to get instant access to today-- that's just $1.63 per issue! But hurry, this promotion is only available today, Friday October 21, 2011.
This special offer is not available elsewhere on our Web site, so please use the links on this page to redeem your discounted pricing.
*Your subscription will include access to e-Reader (.epub), Kindle (.mobi), PDF, and enhanced online digital versions of the magazine as well as custom Android, iPhone and iPad apps through which you can access and read your subscription at any time.
|Non-Linux FOSS: libnotify, OS X Style||Jun 18, 2013|
|Containers—Not Virtual Machines—Are the Future Cloud||Jun 17, 2013|
|Lock-Free Multi-Producer Multi-Consumer Queue on Ring Buffer||Jun 12, 2013|
|Weechat, Irssi's Little Brother||Jun 11, 2013|
|One Tail Just Isn't Enough||Jun 07, 2013|
|Introduction to MapReduce with Hadoop on Linux||Jun 05, 2013|
- Containers—Not Virtual Machines—Are the Future Cloud
- Non-Linux FOSS: libnotify, OS X Style
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Validate an E-Mail Address with PHP, the Right Way
- Lock-Free Multi-Producer Multi-Consumer Queue on Ring Buffer
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep
- UX Designer
- RSS Feeds
- Introduction to MapReduce with Hadoop on Linux
Free Webinar: Hadoop
Some of key questions to be discussed are:
- What is the “typical” Hadoop cluster and what should be installed on the different machine types?
- Why should you consider the typical workload patterns when making your hardware decisions?
- Are all microservers created equal for Hadoop deployments?
- How do I plan for expansion if I require more compute, memory, storage or networking?