Fedora 10 Is - Supported - No More
Fedora 10 Is No More
All good things must come to an end, they say, and that is true of software as much as anything else. As new releases supplant the old, legacy versions receive a stay of execution to allow users the time to test and upgrade gracefully. When their time has come, however, they land in the coder's graveyard, which is exactly where the aging Fedora 10 found itself last week.
Fedora's legacy support policy is to support any given version until two new versions have been released, plus one month — the time-frame generally runs to thirteen months. Shortly thereafter, the old release is sent on its way: security and bug-fix patches are discontinued, and users are strongly urged to upgrade immediately. With the release of Fedora 12 in mid-November, the one-month countdown began for Fedora 10, and it received its final updates last week.
This announcement is a reminder that as of 2009-12-17, Fedora 10 has
reached its end of life for updates. As planned, last update pushes
to Fedora 10 were made in advance of this date, to accommodate the
move of some Fedora infrastructure.
Frields went on to note that the new legacy version, Fedora 11, will be supported until after Fedora 13 has been released.
Justin Ryan is the News Editor for Linux Journal.
Look for him in the #linuxjournal IRC channel.
Justin Ryan is a Contributing Editor for Linux Journal.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Linux Kernel News - November 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- RSS Feeds
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- Advanced Hard Drive Caching Techniques
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- New Products
- Web Administration Scripts
- on the ground
59 min 35 sec ago
- I was able to read the whole
2 hours 28 min ago
- since i have read the title i
5 hours 48 min ago
- Belanja Online Cari Voucher Diskon
5 hours 54 min ago
- The kernel doesn't really
18 hours 4 min ago
18 hours 35 min ago
18 hours 35 min ago
20 hours 40 min ago
- This should be very helpful
21 hours 54 min ago
- As much as I share your point
1 day 14 min ago