Executing MSSQL-Queries on linux fedora 8.0
I have two machines.
One running linux and another running windows.
I am running my web site on linux with xampp server and i want to use the database thatis mssql-2005 installed on windows.I have no option of shifting to mysql bcz fromer company database is on mssql.
So please suggest me some solution....
I hav tried connecting with FreeTDS 0.61.2.
Initially, I install FreTDS on my Fedora machine as follows:
1) unzip file by issuing the following commands:
tar xvfz FreeTDS-0.61.2.tar.gz
2)From the /public folder, issue:
3) This is what I used for the installation of FreeTDS:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/freetds --sysconfdir=/usr/local/freetds --with-tdsver=7.0 --enable-msdblib --enable-threadsafe --enable-sybase-compat
4) Next, we compile the module tree, issue the following:
And install FreeTDS by issuing:
5) change directory to this folder, and issue:
6) Edit freetds.conf:
7) I have a windows box running MS SQL Server 2005 on it. The machine name is LAB6-16 with IP address 192.168.x.xxx. Append the following part to FreeTDS.conf, and save it:
host = 192.168.x.xxx
tds version = 7.0
Change to the bin folder under /usr/local/freetds, and issue:
tsql -S 'LAB6-16' -H '192.168.x.xxx' -p '1433' -U 'sa' –P '123456'
BUT instead of prompting 1> it returns ERROR as follows:
locale is "en_US.UTF-8"
charset is "UTF-8"
src/tds/login.c: tds_connect: 192.168.x.xxx:1433: Network is unreachable
Msg 20009, Level 9, State 0, Server OpenClient, Line 0
Server is unavailable or does not exist.
There was a problem connecting to the server
Can any body solve this problem or is there any other way to connect MSQL 2005 with Linux.
Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Hacking a Safe with Bash||Jul 28, 2015|
|KDE Reveals Plasma Mobile||Jul 28, 2015|
|Huge Package Overhaul for Debian and Ubuntu||Jul 23, 2015|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Jul 22, 2015|
|Shashlik - a Tasty New Android Simulator||Jul 21, 2015|
|Embed Linux in Monitoring and Control Systems||Jul 20, 2015|
- Hacking a Safe with Bash
- KDE Reveals Plasma Mobile
- Huge Package Overhaul for Debian and Ubuntu
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- The Controversy Behind Canonical's Intellectual Property Policy
- Home Automation with Raspberry Pi
- Shashlik - a Tasty New Android Simulator
- Embed Linux in Monitoring and Control Systems
- One Port to Rule Them All!
- General Relativity in Python