Enter to win a ZaReason ZaTab
Enter Now to win a chance at a ZaTab tablet. Chances of winning will depend on the total number of entries received. Twenty second-place winners will win a Linux Journal 2011 eBook.
1. No purchase necessary to win.
2. Renew your subscription using the Renew Now button provided in your email. (If your email message was in plain text, use the link provided.) Or, enter via this form.
3. The contest is open to all.
4. The drawing will be conducted by Linux Journal and decisions are final. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of renewals received.
5. The renewal contest ends October 25, 2012, at 11:59 pm CDT.
6. The tablet winner will be notified via email on October 26, 2012.
7. Twenty second-place winners will be awarded a Linux Journal 2011 eBook. These winners will be notified by October 26, 2012.
|Nativ Disc||Sep 23, 2016|
|Android Browser Security--What You Haven't Been Told||Sep 22, 2016|
|The Many Paths to a Solution||Sep 21, 2016|
|Synopsys' Coverity||Sep 20, 2016|
|Naztech's Roadstar 5 Car Charger||Sep 16, 2016|
|RPi-Powered pi-topCEED Makes the Case as a Low-Cost Modular Learning Desktop||Sep 15, 2016|
- Android Browser Security--What You Haven't Been Told
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- The Many Paths to a Solution
- Nativ Disc
- Synopsys' Coverity
- IPv4 Anycast with Linux and Quagga
- Securing the Programmer
- Naztech's Roadstar 5 Car Charger
- Glass Padding
- Identity: Our Last Stand
With all the industry talk about the benefits of Linux on Power and all the performance advantages offered by its open architecture, you may be considering a move in that direction. If you are thinking about analytics, big data and cloud computing, you would be right to evaluate Power. The idea of using commodity x86 hardware and replacing it every three years is an outdated cost model. It doesn’t consider the total cost of ownership, and it doesn’t consider the advantage of real processing power, high-availability and multithreading like a demon.
This ebook takes a look at some of the practical applications of the Linux on Power platform and ways you might bring all the performance power of this open architecture to bear for your organization. There are no smoke and mirrors here—just hard, cold, empirical evidence provided by independent sources. I also consider some innovative ways Linux on Power will be used in the future.Get the Guide