Drop This and You'll Break Wind
The Wind is set to be configured with a 1.6 GHz Intel processor, 10" display, 80 gig 2.5" SADA, 512MB of ram, 1.3MP webcam, and
boasts a 7-hour has a 3-hour battery life (the Linux model comes with only 3 battery cells, the Windoze model comes with 6) -- all this packed in to just 2.3lbs. In addition, the keys are 0.69", just larger than the Eee PCs (a common complaint for the little Asus).
The Wind will ship with Novell SuSE.
While the Atom processor has yet to be released by Intel, on-line retailer Expansys has begun accepting orders for the U.K. version of the Wind running Linux for $560. MSI is rumored to begin selling the Wind in the U.S. June 3 for $399.
Carlie Fairchild is the publisher of Linux Journal.
- One Port to Rule Them All!
- How to Deliver Hybrid Apps in 2 Weeks [Webcast]
- Privacy Is Personal
- PHP for Non-Developers
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory
- Linux Kernel 4.1 Released
- Django Templates
- July 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Mobile
- A Code Boot Camp for Underprivileged Kids
- Practical Books for the Most Technical People on the Planet