Drop This and You'll Break Wind
The Wind is set to be configured with a 1.6 GHz Intel processor, 10" display, 80 gig 2.5" SADA, 512MB of ram, 1.3MP webcam, and
boasts a 7-hour has a 3-hour battery life (the Linux model comes with only 3 battery cells, the Windoze model comes with 6) -- all this packed in to just 2.3lbs. In addition, the keys are 0.69", just larger than the Eee PCs (a common complaint for the little Asus).
The Wind will ship with Novell SuSE.
While the Atom processor has yet to be released by Intel, on-line retailer Expansys has begun accepting orders for the U.K. version of the Wind running Linux for $560. MSI is rumored to begin selling the Wind in the U.S. June 3 for $399.
Carlie Fairchild is the publisher of Linux Journal.
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz
- Numerical Python
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Adminer—Better Than Awesome!
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- RSS Feeds
- It Actually Is Rocket Science
- Senior Perl Developer